Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Journey to the Land of the Star-Spangled Banner


It has been a while since I made my last post. For two weeks now, I've been criss-crossing the land of the star-spangled banner. Seven states and counting. And that means I have too much blogging backlog.


A trip to Uncle Sam's land was not on the top of my list. I wasn't keen on spending a vacation here anytime soon, like now. But then Mom's birthday is around the corner and she'd like to spend it here (my sibling and I have treated her to trips in Southeast Asia, Europe and North Africa but never in North America). Why not this year?  And  for the very first time, we applied for our visas. Fortunately, Lady Luck smiled upon us. So here we are, traipsing this northern continent and will be celebrating Mom's birthday soon. This trip has somehow changed some of my impressions (you see, I've always been partial to Europe and Asia). We had to squeeze in so many sights but as early as now, there are some cities which I have come to like and which I hope to explore more at a leisurely pace in the future.

I hope to trim down my backlog. In the meantime, I'll have to bear the heat in the sin city.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Traipsing Chronicles. I hope you will continue walking with me as I wander and see the world. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...